Tower Research Capital, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Development Tools team.
The Development Tools team is responsible for liaising with various internal research and development teams to help them become more productive through delivery and support of novel solutions that utilize our hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding development team needs and evangelizing appropriate open-source and proprietary tools to push the boundaries of automation and productivity
- Liaising with developers and QA teams to implement efficient and robust frameworks supporting development, test and release workflows for critical trading applications
- Scaling up the CI/CD infrastructure using our hybrid cloud while monitoring its health and effectiveness; drive fixes to underlying problems and optimizations to improve efficiency
- Quickly detecting, debugging, and resolving build and process failures for non-code related causes
Some of the tools and challenges that you'll get a chance to work on include:
- A user space package manager. We build, distribute and support hundreds of packages used by everyone in Tower. We now need to scale it to work with thousands of nodes.
- A smart build system. Tower has a lot of developers working on a lot of code. We need someone to evolve the build system to make builds faster and provide seamless access to code testing/quality tools.
- A dependency and release management tool. We have a shiny new tool to help Tower deal with the complexity of millions of lines of code spread amongst multiple repositories being modified by hundreds of developers across multiple timezones.
- Continuous Integration system. To make sure all of the code that developers are writing is well tested and deployed correctly, we have a growing CI/CD system that leverages a hybrid cloud infrastructure based on Docker and Kubernetes to deal with increasing capacity demand and load.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Physics from a top-tier college or university and at least 6 years or programming experience
- Proficiency with Python, Bash and/or Go (expertise in at least 2 of them).
- Thorough understanding of Linux fundamentals and C++ compiling/linking/loading process. Tower is primarily a Linux shop.
- Deep knowledge of git, git branching, and git workflows
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks such as Jenkins, Concourse, Travis, or CircleCI
- Experience with CMake, Conda, Gitlab/Github and Docker/Kubernetes (preferred)
Financial experience is not required
Tower’s dual offices and garden roofdecks are located in TriBeCa and SoHo, neighborhoods in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- 401(k) with company matching
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year plus 9 paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Reimbursement for health and wellness expenses
- Free tickets to New York events