As a DevOps Engineer, you'll be part of a small operations team responsible for engineering and maintaining the production infrastructure for Tivo's Advanced Search and Recommendations platform in the cloud and on-premises. You will work closely with other engineers to ensure the continuously availability and security of various Linux systems comprised of mostly open source software. The ideal candidate is a demonstrated self-starter who is eager to learn new technologies, capable of independently identifying and solving problems, and thrives in a complex, fast-paced environment.
The primary duties of this position are as follows:
- Architect, install, and maintain server, network, and storage infrastructure in the cloud and on-premises.
- Create scripts and utilize configuration management tools to automate tasks and infrastructure.
- Respond to alerts and participate in an on call rotation that provides 24x7x365 coverage of critical issues.
- Plan and execute changes to development, staging, and production systems according to documented change control policies.
- Prioritize and execute project work to help achieve team goals.
- Ensure security of managed systems and related data.
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve the product, troubleshoot issues, and ensure smooth software releases.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, equipment, and systems.
- Produce and maintain clear and thorough technical documentation as it pertains to operating procedures, change management, inventories, etc.
- Other duties as needed.
Required skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux system administrator/engineer.
- 5+ years of experience with production operations in a highly available environment.
- Ability to write shell scripts and understand Python code.
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced environment and manage tasks from a variety of sources.
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime and weekends to meet production deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding of security concepts (firewall, VPN, security certificates, and credential management).
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, especially AWS
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Experience with development and CI tools such as Git, Subversion, and Jenkins
- Strong understanding of storage and networking concepts
- Software engineering or computer science background