DevOps Engineer – Evansville, IN
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a DevOps Engineer for our Evansville office. This role is part of the development team focused on building Cloud Services for SS&C Advent’s accounting, trade order management, and portfolioconstruction applications.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for building and managing the build and deployment automation for SS&C Advent product development teams. The products are both cloud native and hosted enterprise applications. Primary responsibilities include management and administration of the GIT source control management system and the Jenkins continuous integration servers. The DevOps Engineer will work with product development teams to determine build and deployment requirements, coordinate with IT to provision infrastructure, and collaborate with development to build the automation required implement continuous delivery pipelines.
A key part of the role is to establish patterns and practices that can be leveraged across product teams. This includes identifying standard tools and the creation of a library of automation scripts for common build and deployment tasks. The DevOps Engineer stays abreast of current trends in the industry continuously looking for ways to improve productivity and reduces operational costs.
As a technologist with cross-organizational responsibilities, interaction with IT, development, and QA is critical to ensure successful completion of all projects.
- Structure and maintain the software configuration management system
- Automate and maintain the software build process
- Automate software deployment and monitoring
- Build common automation that can be leverage across development teams
- Work with development teams to build custom continuous delivery pipelines
- Recommend best practices for build, test, and deployment automation
- Evaluate new tools and methods to improve productivity
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience with source code management tools like GIT
- 3+ years of experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Strong background in system administration in Unix and/or Windows
- Experience with deployment automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Fabric, etc.)
- Proficient in one or more scriptinglanguages (Bash, Powershell, Python, Groovy, etc.)
- Burning desire to automate anything that has to be done more than once
- Experience with cloud and virtualization services (AWS, VMWare etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL and No-SQL data stores
- Experience with container deployment (Docker, Kurbernetes, etc.)
- Interest in wealth management or financial services