Here at Spirit Airlines, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth!
Imagine being a Team Member in an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet while scaling the organization’s people, process, and technology infrastructure. Investing in a Rock Star like you will not only make an immediate impact on the business but help us continue building a bench of future leadership. Our Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
Be part of our Transformation Journey!
- Team-driven: Your leaders will be right beside you to mentor, share ideas, and collaborate. Peers and leaders are valuable contributors.
- The Sky is No Limit: Our constant growth means boundless career opportunities. There is no limit to how fast and how far you can grow within this organization.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work.
- Competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits
- Agile career paths and accelerated career advancement
- Travel & flight benefits for you and your family
About this Job
Spirit Airlines has an opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer position in a fast-paced environment that will be responsible for key enterprise applications. This position will manage several responsibilities concurrently and demands a high degree of initiative. Your strong technical leadership skills, and ability to communicate effectively at all levels will help to ensure your success in this role.
- Support production application when required to resolve Tier 3 issues.
- Follow the documented engineering handbook and enterprise standards to ensure a high-quality automated environment.
- Participate in the product teams to move towards best class frameworks and DevOps disciplines to move into additional cloud services.
- Partner with other technology teams to ensure correct technology decisions, deliver designs, technology writeups, and technology POC.
- Improve speed to market and application quality by utilizing testing best practices, release automation, component releases, and release strategies.
- Partner with the teams to help mature test-driven development practices and leverage continuous integration and delivery standards and best practices.
- Mentor and coach the other teams on technology, DevOps methodologies, and delivery strategies.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 1+ years’ experience in writing software systems.
- 4+ years of experience deploying and maintaining high-traffic environments serving a high level of requests per second.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Azure.
- Strong PowerShell scripting experience.
- Experience with Team Foundation Studio (TFS.)
- Experience working with AppDynamics & Splunk.
- Experience with deployment testing and automation tools.
- Concurrent Versioning Software Experience (Git, GitHub or Bitbucket).
- Exposure in building scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructures.
- Eagerness to learn and apply new technologies and skills.
- Experience with of configuration management tools.
- Capable of troubleshooting application and system issues at any level of the stack
- Strong communication skills - able to work effectively with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Command strong leadership and critical thinking skills
- Unafraid to tackle difficult challenges
- Aptitude to build innovative solutions to real world problems.
- Excellent communicator who summarizes technical details in a precise and succinct manner understandable to business users.