About The Role
We are seeking a skilled DevOps Engineer who loves automation and cloud to join our growing team in Helena. The idealcandidate is a person who fully embraces the use of tools such as Terraform, Docker, and Consul and has experience inhigh-traffic environments, supporting highly scalable cloud based applications.
Our core infrastructure is hosted on AWS running Linux/CoreOS and Docker, but you don't have to be an expert in all ofthese; we're looking for world-class engineers to support our constantly growing infrastructure and applications.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded intoother types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result. Having raised nearly $2 billion in funding since 2011 and boasting over 400,000 members and 1,300 employees, SoFi’s future is bright.
Key responsibilities include
- Support the large infrastructure running Linux in AWS.
- Work closely with a team of developers, database and QA engineers, to understand and anticipate the agile infrastructure needs of the development and testing processes; create an environment where development and QA work can proceed securely, efficiently, and flexibly.
- Provide for and anticipate horizontal scaling of environments and anticipate infrastructure growth as the business grows.
- Improve the continuous testing and deployment process.
- Work heavily using Docker/CoreOS/Kubernetes/Terraform for configuration management.
- Provide networking expertise to the team.
- Work collaboratively to provide infrastructure guidance to the team for short-term issues and long-term planning and vision.
- Expert knowledge of Linux Systems Engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience with standard Linux/UNIX daemons (apache, nginx, ssh, cron, bind, ldap, syslog, ntp).
- Demonstrated proficiency writing complex scripts in a standard scripting language (Bourne shell, Python, Ruby, Perl), and some experience in a traditional programming language (C/C++/Java/Go).
- Extensive knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Experience supporting databases (MySQL/Postgres, MongoDB).
- Experience supporting high traffic web environments.
- Experience with continuous deployment.
- Experience working with a modern configuration management tool such as Chef, Puppet, Docker, or Ansible; thorough understanding of configuration management concepts.
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Consul, CoreOS, Redis, and ActiveMQ
- Experience using distributed source code management tools such as Git or Mercurial
- Knowledge of Atlassian’s suite of tools, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket.
- Knowledge of AWS and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs; experience with networking, properly architecting high availability systems, and security in an AWS context
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Employer paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.