About The Role
We are seeking a skilled DevOps Engineer who loves automation and cloud to join our growing team in Helena. The ideal candidate is a person who fully embraces the use of tools such as Terraform, Docker, and Consul and has experience in high-traffic environments, supporting highly scalable cloud based applications.
Our core infrastructure is hosted on AWS running Linux/CoreOS and Docker, but you don't have to be an expert in all of these; we're looking for world-class engineers to support our constantly growing infrastructure and applications.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created studentloan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. In just the last year, we've more than doubled our member base (260,000 strong), doubled loan volume ($8 billion in 2016), and grown our team from under 200 people to more than 900. We're preparing to go global, with expansion to Australia and Canada planned this year. And we're well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. But we'll only be able to continue this growth with great talent, and that includes you.
Key responsibilities include
- Support the large infrastructure running Linux in AWS.
- Work closely with a team of developers, database and QA engineers, to understand and anticipate the agileinfrastructure needs of the development and testing processes; create an environment where development and QA work can proceed securely, efficiently, and flexibly.
- Provide for and anticipate horizontal scaling of environments and anticipate infrastructure growth as the business grows.
- Improve the continuous testing and deployment process.
- Work heavily using Docker/CoreOS/Kubernetes/Terraform for configuration management.
- Provide networking expertise to the team.
- Work collaboratively to provide infrastructure guidance to the team for short-term issues and long-term planning and vision.
- Expert knowledge of Linux Systems Engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience with standard Linux/UNIX daemons (apache, nginx, ssh, cron, bind, ldap, syslog, ntp).
- Demonstrated proficiency writing complex scripts in a standard scriptinglanguage (Bourne shell, Python, Ruby, Perl), and some experience in a traditional programming language (C/C++/Java/Go).
- Extensive knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Experience supporting databases (MySQL/Postgres, MongoDB).
- Experience supporting high traffic web environments.
- Experience with continuous deployment.
- Experience working with a modern configuration management tool such as Chef, Puppet, Docker, or Ansible; thorough understanding of configuration management concepts.
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Consul, CoreOS, Redis, and ActiveMQ
- Experience using distributed source code management tools such as Git or Mercurial
- Knowledge of Atlassian’s suite of tools, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket.
- Knowledge of AWS and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs; experience with networking, properly architecting high availability systems, and security in an AWS context