DevOps Engineer / Senior Developer
The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer/Senior Developer to design and architect systems, standards and techniques for scalable public facing internet applications, and manage performance and operations.
As our DevOps Engineer/Senior Developer within the Digital media team you will be building and managing web based applications that directly reach and affect millions around the world with the message of hope. You will utilize latest DevOps techniques to manage processes from commit to deploy. You will be working with CBN’s in-house and cloud infrastructure to ensure that applications are highly available and delivering highest level of performance. Are you up for the challenge?
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of LAMP stack
- Demonstrated expertise in web application development for live public-facing, XML/database driven sites and applications (PHP)
- Expert knowledge of database and webserver performance metrics and ability to identify and recommend actionable solutions for performance issues
- Strong understanding of network protocols and applications
- Comfortable working and managing Linux systems
- SQL programming and tuning with knowledge of database systems including Mysql
- Expert knowledge of version control systems, workflows – GIT/SVN
- Experience in building, deploying, troubleshooting and maintaining web services
- Working knowledge and experience with content delivery networks - dynamic and event-driven content caching, web accelerators – Varnish
- Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Perl, Python, Shell, Bash, or Ruby
- Working experience with AWS, Azure and other cloud infrastructure service providers
- Familiarity with IIS-MSSQL stack, .Net applications, Windows systems management
- Familiarity with tools such as Puppet Ansible, Chef Salt, Jenkins or Docker a plus
- 5+ years of relevant work experience required. Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong time-management skills with ability to provide design for multiple projects with varying timelines
- Self-motivated with ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Forward thinker with desire to research, learn and implement new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a creative team