DevOps Engineer with Linux Systems Administration experience, particularly within AWS, to work on our web applications, platforms and delivery.
- DevOps process management focusing on Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Server configuration management using Ansible
- Automated testing for analysis and regression testing
- Version control management, support and technical review
- Interact and collaborate effectively with internal and external team members to assure client needs are met
- Provide timely and accurate analysis, interpretation and resolution of problems and projects in Applications/DevOps
- Working closely with end users to resolve day-to-day problems including providing training, configuration support and data correction
- Managing and/or executing project work to deliver new/enhanced functionality according to prioritized business requests. This may include requirements gathering, writing supporting documentation for configuration, testing and training.
- Maintenance/monitoring of IS tools used for Support and Project Management etc.
Job Description Cont.
Essential / Key Performance Indicators
- Consistently deliver quality products to customers, and foster continuous improvement and innovation.
- Maintain and enhance the existing functionality to ensure business needs are consistently achieved.
- Provide production support for existing functionality and assist other team members with development aspects of new enhancements.
- Excellent troubleshooting and reverse engineering skills.
- Self starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / PERSON PROFILE:
- Must: Git, AWS, Ansible, Unix Systems Administration, GitLab & GitLab CI, Docker, Chef/Puppet, API Creation, Restful web services, SAML, Jenkins, Jira workflows
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, related degree, or strong relevant and comparable experience
- SCRUM or other agile/lean development methodologies
- Candidate should have a high degree of proficiency with working with, planning and improving CI and deployment workflow for multiple types of web application.
- Have excellent communication/investigative skills to be able to understand and differentiate between different types of problems faced by the end user.
- Be able to work with the users and other IS teams to support continuous improvement, and leverage best use of Sealed Air’s information systems.
- Be able to work ‘remotely’ and with autonomy as well as being able to build strong peer relationships to leverage the wider IS team.
- Have excellent problem solving skills and be results oriented.
- Be flexible and be prepared to ‘expect the unexpected’ in the daily challenge of projects, support and system maintenance.
- Must be willing and able to learn and support other technologies.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to work in team environments.
- Understanding of standard business processes and data flow within a functional area.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products and services.
- Must demonstrate the ability to think and work independently.
- Applicant must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
Requisition id: 15641