Position: DevOps Engineer-1
Location: San Jose, CA
Client : Nio Automotive
As part of the Platform team, we are looking for experienced “DevOps” engineers to codify and support our immutable infrastructure that comprise the platform.
You will work with the web, applications, data scientist, and engineering teams to build large, resilient, decentralized distributed systems that operate at cloud-scale in hybrid environments.
Your work will be tightly integrated with all other teams at NIO and offers unique opportunities to make significant impact to the infrastructure components that enable development and deployment.
• Working with cloud environments and proficiency with at least one cloud’s (eg AWS) service offerings and architecture patterns.
• Demonstrated experience with BASH and Python
• Demonstrated experience with Chef
• Hands-on DevOps engineer with a passion for automating infrastructure deployment and management at scale.
• Experienceworking with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Bash, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Chef, and ELK.
• Solid background in implementing infrastructure automation and code deployment systems.
• Solid and defensible opinions about system management, logging, orchestration, and infrastructure automation.
• Ability to design non-traditional approaches to achieve technical goals. For example, using open source software vs. commercial off the shelf.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, data-driven, start-up environment.
• Team player with an innovative mindset to think outside the box
• Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated equivalent experience.
• Flexibility to adjust to changes in priorities and ability to deliver within constraints
• Experience with virtual machine and container technologies like: Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare
• Ability to act as a technical lead and make data driven recommendations to management