In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. In coordination with your team, you will be supporting Web Sites, back-end processes, integrations to partner systems, as well as supporting new state of the art streaming data environments for our re-platforming project.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD processes and tools
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and services
- A working understanding of code and script (Python, Bash or other scriptinglanguage)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- You will triage, communicate status, and drive resolution for issues with our partner websites, APIs, internal web apps as well as the tools and backend systems that support our entire Dining Rewards Program
- You will carry out root cause analysis of incidents and provide developers with the necessary analysis to fix production defects
- Working regularly with the Development Team, you will learn how to debug existing software and help offload developersupportresponsibilities
- You will participate in an on-call rotation
- Your excellent communication skills and passion for working with software make you a customer service first advocate.
The Must Haves
- We’re flexible!: you have a BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or you have at least 5 years of IT experience
- You have a working understanding Java, JSON and REST
- Experience configuring and managing monitoring and performance tools like New Relic
- Experienceworking with:
- Tomcat web application server
- Apache HTTP
- Team City
- Nice to haves you will be learning if you don’t have previousexperience
- DCOS Mesosphere