Caroo is looking for a talented, self-starting technologist looking for a new, exciting chapter that will challenge you to become a better DevOps engineer while also helping millions of people across America live healthier. As the first dedicated person in this role, you will have the autonomy, opportunity to lay the right foundation, and all the bragging rights that come with it.
With a deep understanding of the cloud infrastructure, you’ll leverage your technical expertise in architecting, building IaC (Infrastructure as Code), observability, alerting, monitoring, and more. Working closely with the rest of our engineering team, you’ll assist in creating the foundation for how we continuously deploy our amazing platform, tools, and services in the cloud.
This opportunity is open to remote or working directly from Los Angeles or Chicago offices. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
What You'll Do:
- At Caroo, we’re building our next-generation platform to support our new offerings in the coming months and years. We’re looking for passionate engineers to help drive our new mission to drive culture in the new work-from-anywhere world
- Create, build, maintain our SaaS infrastructure, ideally as Infrastructure as Code. We use both Heroku and AWS. Assist in rationalizing the right platform and over time, lead the migration
- Own and continuously improve our CI/CD pipeline process using tools - Jenkins, CircleCI (we use CircleCI), etc.
- Help containerize development environments and suggest cost optimization
- Assist in building and maintaining our infrastructure security posture, and help with any InfoSec related inquiries
- Assist with selecting and deploying our logging, observability, and alerting tools (SignalFx, Datadog, etc.)
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in building and deploying SaaS infrastructure via CI/CD pipelines using both cloud provider tools and other CI/CD tools,
- You have the automation-first mindset; always looking for ways to build infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines as code
- Deep knowledge in OS administration and cloud platform deployment (AWS and Heroku preferably), and container management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with CI/CD Tools - Jenkins, CircleCI (we use CircleCI), etc.
- Experience using serverless containers - AWS Lambda (preferably), Azure Functions, etc.
- Experience using MongoDB and Postgres, with database monitoring and light administration
- You have good experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with vulnerability assessment and remediation;
- Process-oriented with great documentation and communication skills
- Be open-minded about exploring new ideas and technologies to deliver a great experience to our customers
- You get excited about working with talented people to share, learn, and grow