Catalyte - Portland, OR
Job Description: DevOps Engineer
Catalyte is a fast-growing company with development centers in Baltimore, Maryland and Beaverton, Oregon providing onshore Agile application solutions nationwide. Using a Moneyball-like, analytics-based approach to team assembly that is optimized to fit with each client’s organizational culture, Catalyte offers highly effective teams that can collaborate face to face at any client site across the US, or communicate in real time from its development centers. Our belief in effective Agile through collaboration and data-driven team assembly are at the heart of the Catalyst promise – better and faster Agile software development services, onshore and on-target.
Who we want to work with:
- Friendly, with strong communication skills.
- Thrives in team oriented atmosphere.
- Driven to learn new technologies and solve challenging problems.
- Open to solving problems in a new way
- Efficiency minded engineer. Passion for creating and optimizing the most efficient software
- Passion for Teaching and Mentoring others
- Work in an Agile environment
- Deliver timely project execution and project work products that exceed customer expectations
- Contribute to functional specifications and detailed design documents for client projects
- Serve as a technical resource for client projects
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and emergent technologies
- Demonstrated experience in infrastructure, development and operations of enterprise systems.
- 3-5years of experience directly related to cloud computing (i.e. AWS, Azure, Hybrid or Private Clouds).
- Experiencewith practical implementations of continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, or Microsoft TFS.
- Experiencewith practical implementations of Continuous Delivery.
- Direct, hands-on experiencewith DevOps and release management tools
- Experiencewith configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Familiarity with administration of Linux or Windows
- Familiarity with containerization tools such as Docker, and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Swarm, working experience a plus.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture, working experience a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL, NoSQL, otherdatabases a plus
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Experience working on a Scrum or Agile team
- Excellent communication and team-building skills.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- DevOps: 4years
- Cloud Computing: 4years