Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal Infrastructure Operations team is looking for a developer who will work closely with the senior members of the team to develop lifecycle management applications for PayPal’s Edge stack. The candidate needs strong communication and developer skills as well as a background in Unix/Linux system administration in a large-scale, fast-paced environment. The candidate must possess the ability to diagnose and fix application bugs quickly and effectively.
• 5+ years of coding using industry best practices in either Java and/or Go programming languages
• Experience developing REST services using the Spring Framework.
• Understanding of JSON encoding/decoding operations.
• Knowledge of DNS, LDAP, and mail services.
• Experience working on a team using Agile practices.
• Experience with DevOps practices and tools.
• Experience with developing performance and functional tests using JMeter.
• Familiarity with load balancers including F5, A10, and AVI Vantage is a plus
• Demonstrate ability to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Ability to document application design in blueprints and to document necessary standard operating procedures for applications running in production.
• Ability to diagnose and fix application bugs quickly and effectively.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and decision making in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team members, management, and customers.
• Under the guidance of senior infrastructure engineer and alongside other team members, design and develop repeatable method for infrastructure services deployments.
• Develop functional and performance tests using JMeter to ensure applications are performing properly and optimally.
• Assist customers with interfacing with exposed REST API services.
• Contribute in Agile planning sessions.
• Collaborate with a diverse and talented team to maintain our world-class operations.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.