Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
DevOps Engineer, Product Innovation Team
You might fit well in the product innovation team if you enjoy technology, are passionate about the things you create, enjoy setting your own direction and moving fast. This includes sharing opinions within the team, taking initiative to learn new things and putting in the work to make our products the best. ***Position requires experience in Amazon Cloud and Docker Containers.
As a DevOps Engineer...
You are responsible for delivering an end-to-end solution from initial concept through finished solution in the area of automated build, deployment, monitoring and server infrastructure. You’ll need the ability to quickly understand needs, from a user perspective, and move from there to a working prototype that captures the essence of what the product should be. The ability to not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to success. This includes a deep understanding of systems, data structures, modernscripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems. You’ll work in a rapid environment where there aren’t always clear specifications or rules about how something should be done, where its up to you to figure things out and keep things moving. Some other things you’ll do regularly include:
- Write code, integrate systems and build configurations to drive and innovate around our server based platform across the TSYS organization.
- Integrate systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, MQ, TCP/IP, JSON and others
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make our work more consistent and predictable. You’ll do this by orchestrating environment deployment from OS all the way through the application layers of a solution, using tools such as Docker, Saltstack, Jenkins and many others
- Exhibit a deep understanding of server virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime
- Create mechanisms/architectures that enable rapid recovery, repair and cleanup of faulty migrations with good understanding of fault tolerance and failure domains
- Identify opportunities to deliver self service capability for the most common infrastructure and application management tasks
- Create automated tests that easily plug into our automated code pipeline
- Provide deep and detailed levels of monitoring across all levels of the application
- Attend sessions where we eat pizza and talk about the latest technology
- Help mentor other engineers and technical analysts
- Plan sprints within your project team to keep yourself and the team moving forward
- Move fast, break things, and determine how to fix them
Who you are…
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re not intimidated by technology, you know how to leverage it to build great products. Your skills are broad –scripting, user experience, integration, database, even business domains – and you easily transition between those. You like to leverage moderntechnology and can quickly assemble it to create solutions that aren’t over-engineered. You’re also comfortable in a role where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but just a starting point.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
TSYS Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 2+ years professional experience, or a high school diploma with 4+ years professional experience in coding, designing, developing and analyzing data.