A global financial services firm is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their team in New York.
- Work with Software Engineering to design the deployment and operation Model.
- Through the use of configuration management technology for testing and production environments create automated deployments
- B. S. or beyond in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of IT experience developing and designing DevOps Solutions
- Experience in financial services
- Working knowledge of the Distributed System and related technologies
- Ability to analyze the various quality dimensions including performance, reliability and resilience, cybersecurity, and design and implement improvements to meet them
- Background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Jenkins or an equivalent
- Experience deploying Docker containerized applications
- Experience managing the Container orchestration framework like Kubernetes/Docker Swarm
- Experience managing the distributed streaming platform such as Kafka is desirable
- Experience managing the SQL/NOSQL databases like DB2/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services. Experience with Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud
- Experience with Identity Management and RBAC platform such as SiteMider and Active Directory
- Experience writing shell scripts.