Our client is a leading global investment firm, managing a wide range of investment funds worldwide across multiple asset classes.
They are currently looking to add an experienced DevOps Engineer to their operations in New York.
You will be part of a newly formed team that will work on complex technical problems across the firm’s full range of services.
This team will be designed to take on projects with different internal groups, to provide expertise on ongoing issues then design, develop, and implement solutions.
You will be a DevOps Specialist, with extensive AWS experience – within projects you will be the go-to resource on automation, CI/CD, and cloud deployments.
· Automating the build and management of cloud infrastructure using AWS native tools and open source solutions
· Linux systems administration, networking, and security
· Automated configuration and state management, and orchestration across systems, using Chef, Puppet, Salt or Ansible
· Log management and monitoring using AWS Cloudwatch
· Aggregate, correlate, and report on both logs and metrics, use them for performance tuning and troubleshooting, and to trigger automated actions based on events or thresholds
· Setting up AWS IAM, role based access controls, network ACLS, and Security Groups
· Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a STEM subject (science, technology, engineering, math)
· 5+ years of professional experience with exposure to DevOps, and System Administration
· 2+ years of experienceworking with AWS environments
· Experience with certificate and key management systems is desired.
· Experience with automatically creating or replicating entire environments, including network, compute, and data stores, using tools such as AWS Cloud Formation is strongly desired.
· Experienceworking with containers (Docker) is a strong advantage
· Extensive background in building highly automated DevOps infrastructure
· Configuration and automation tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt
· Strong coding skills in Python
· Ideally: AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline and AWS Lambda
· Familiar with monitoring applications in the cloud (AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, etc.)
· Extensive experience with continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins