Our client, a leading global financial firm is seeking a DevOps Engineer. This candidate is must believe in continuous integration and continuous delivery. You will join a team that provides data products that drive the financial industry. This business provides clients with rich programmatic access to the best financial data and services in the industry. Their clients products span a wide variety of asset classes and data products including Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulatory and Reference data content sets. They build high-performance systems that feed billions of data points per day to their customers that include key financial players, and then track and analyze that usage for operational as well as business trend identifications.
This client is working aggressively to enhance their infrastructure using technologies like Python, Java, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Hadoop, and Ceph. You will play a critical role working alongside the development and SRE teams to manage and execute operational aspects of the product. As part of product development, you will own building code, managing the QA process, then performing and validating deployments. You will assist with one-off tasks and look for opportunities to automate as much as you can. Finally, you’ll directly support the development team, and you will have opportunities to improve your coding skills through your work.
- Handle the operational needs of software with the goal of improving and automating workflows.
- Software releases and ensuring they meet the quality standards set for the group.
- Enhance monitoring of alerts from the production environment and ensure a speedy resolution of issues. The ability to debug code is also a plus.
- Work with the development team to highlight recurring issues and focus on remediation approaches.
- Expand automated tools e.g. continuous integration, automated testing and software installation.
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role.
- 2+ years of experience programming in a scriptinglanguage, preferably Python.
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration systems.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly available service.
- 1+ year of hands on experience with Chef, Ansible or Puppet for configuration management.
- Experience working in an agile and test-driven development environment.