5 - 7 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Our client, one of the worlds largest and leading video discovery destination & technology company is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join their prestigious team in New York, NY. This company the best video user experience for customers and needs help to make the experience even better. As a DevOps Engineer you will be expected to come from a live, production environment with incredible Python skills as well as strong Bash skills. You will manage and operate the infrastructure that makes real-time bidding platform possible.
- Ensure that the platform is scalable, fault tolerant and highly available
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration and platform integration
- Build configuration and automation tools to simplify the process of deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across our environment
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of the systems that build, configure, deploy, and test our applications
- Consider performance, scalability, and reliability in all decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 3+ years of experience supporting a production web facing environment (200+ servers)
- 5+ years of professional experience in related roles such as System Administration, Software engineering, Database Administrator, DevOps etc.
- Previous experience in Amazon Web Services or a physical Datacenter (we are 100% in AWS).
- Experience with configuration management tools, at least one of the following: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment testing and automation tools (Jenkins etc.)
- Concurrent Versioning Software Experience (Git, GitHub or Bitbucket)
- Exposure in building scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructures
- The ability to script day to day tasks and to read and review OOP languages such as Python or Ruby. The ability to use an object oriented framework such as flask or ruby on rails will be highly regarded.
- An interest in containers and using Docker in local environments and within CI pipelines, with a forward view to using in production
- Experience with the Hashicorp suite of products will be highly regarded (Terraform, Consul, Vault, Packer etc.)
- Capable of troubleshooting application and system issues at any level of the stack
- Strong communication skills - able to work effectively with technical and non-technical teammates
- If you know the difference between Phoenix Servers and Immutable infrastructure, you are the kind of engineer we are looking for
- Comfort and familiarity with being on-call: you know how to keep the pager quiet and will be in a rotation of 6 SRE engineers