A global, well known Investment Bank is currently hiring a DevOps Engineer to join their global team that was established to support the use of Chef and other ‘Infrastructure a Code components’ across organization.
This will establish best practices for the use of those tools and create abstractions for the most common infrastructure components.
This team will support thousands of developers across all business units to enable them to more effectively manage 40, Windows and 30, UNIX servers located around the globe.
This candidate must have expert knowledge of server infrastructure (UNIX or Windows) and configuration management tools (preferably Chef), facilitating technologies and be capable to drive change.
- Drive adoption and use of Chef across organization
- Experience and technical leadership when engaging with key stakeholders such as business aligned technology teams (RTB/BTB)
- Ability to translate between technical and business teams
- Ability to control/manage escalations in highly pressurized environment
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience with Linux & Windows Servers and a deep understanding of server infrastructure (Windows or UNIX) and facilitating technologies.
- 2+ years of experience and a deep understanding of Infrastructure as a Code concepts and tools (Chef, git, Jenkins, Terraform)
- 3+ years of experience programming and deploying code including Ruby, Python and/or Perl.
- Middleware product (Jboss, Tomcat, Apache, WAS, MQ) knowledge would be an advantage
- Awareness of virtualization, cloud and containerization technologies (OpenStack, OpenShift, Docker, AWS)