Want to join a rapidly growing start-up with the security of being backed by a 17-year-old organization with over $1B in annual revenue?
Odyssey Logistics & Technology, one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US, is transforming the logistics market and seeking a DevOps Engineer responsible for the engineering and implementation of an exciting digital platform. This engineer will join a collaborative, rapidly growing team and will be the domain owner for a cloud-based infrastructure, and the automation of processes within this environment.
The ideal candidate is proficient at configuring VPC networks, fluent in server and cloud-base scripting as well as related network technologies. Candidates must have experience in Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines including the ability to set them up with scripts. Experience with creating and managing Kubernetes scripts and deployments is also recommended.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management may amend or assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time)
- Responsible for engineering and implementation of a digital platform
- Ownership of a cloud-based infrastructure and the automation of processes within the environment
- Qualifications and Key Skills:
- (The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- 6+ years experience setting up and managing IT environments
- Proficient in infrastructure management, routing, etc.
- Cloud-based management experience required
- Hands-on experience creating and managing VPCs, Linux servers, auto-scaling groups, firewall, load balancers, DNS
- Ability to set up and managing Docker images and Kubernetes cluster, including scripting and deployment files
- Ability to write server scripts such as python, and cloud-based scripts such as Chef/CloudFormation
- Experience with version control systems, CI/CD pipeline tools, workflow tools, Jenkins, etc
- Set up and facilitate CloudWatch or equivalent monitoring tool
- Ability to manage and install SSL certificates
- Create fault-tolerant deployment strategies
- Able to provide solutions for backing up and archiving data
- Experience with Scrum/Agile/Sprint Methodologies
- Experience integrating software as service applications with a team of developers
- Proven experience demonstrating leadership and working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work well as part of a team and willingly provide back-up support for co-workers when appropriate.
- Self-starter, motivated to work independently as needed to solve difficult problems
- Ability to interact effectively with employees and vendors through strong oral and written communication skills.