We are looking for Devops Engineer for our client in Oakland, CA
Job Title: Devops Engineer
Job Location: Oakland, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
Must have Requirements:
- Experience of Cloud Foundry configuration, concepts and management. 2+ years of containerization technology, with the skills to configure, and manage container platforms.
- 4+ years work experience or strong knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience of implementing DevOps in multiple companies.
- Experience in DevOps Architectural decisions, tools selection, best practices.
- Constant research and learning on new tools and technologies in DevOps space.
- Experience of continuous build automation, with the skills to configure and manage a Jenkins build server and set up and run builds.
- Experience of coding chef cookbooks given a set of deployment specifications at expert skill level.
- Experience with Linux/Unix Administration with an ability to code shell, and either pert or python scripts.
- Experience with a maven, and an artifact repository such as Sonotype or Artifactory.
- Experience of scripting a build for an application based on a set of specifications.
- Experience with revision control systems - git, github, subversion with an emphasis on creating configurations using branching and tagging.
- An appreciation of REST, mufti-tier application's architecture, micro-services and NodeJS. Familiarity with Git, AWS, Jenkins Pipelines, Code Deploy.
- An understanding of Jira, Kanban boards and agile development.
- Experience with Release Management.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an ""always-up, always-available"" environment.
- On-call responsibilities on a rotation basis is a requirement.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work withremote teams.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Nice to have read ""The Phoenix Project.""
- A passion for the development and deployment of high-quality services with correctness and robustness.