Don’t only dream about what’s next – come build it with us!
Nexient specializes in bringing a “Product Mindset” to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use.
And as America’s leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, we’re building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more – but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. We’re recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World’s Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times.
Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Come build with us!
- Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable “cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated tool sets to test and deploy the systems developed.
- Contribute to the code base of custom Application Orchestration tooling
- Design, develop, and implement solutions that align with DevOps methodologies, based on a set of standards and processes which establishes consistency across the enterprise.
- Participates in the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
- Provide DevOps Coaching and or Consulting to assist the IT organization on their journey to rapid change coupled with higher uptime by implementing optimized quality guidelines and standards across the enterprise.
- Participate in the development of Disaster Scenario and Chaos strategy and its implementation where resiliency is exercised daily as part of the development process.
- Ensure a security first approach to adherence to best practices and guidelines.
- Evaluates existing and new software products and tools for best fit within the constraints of the client’s IT Organization through the lens of a DevOps Practice.
- Help in developing solid performance engineering and test automation solutions for complex projects.
- Participate in legacy application porting to Cloud.
- Expertise in Shell Scripting, Linux, GIT and web services is required as a foundation.
- Must be fluent or near fluent in 1 or more Object Oriented language: Python, Ruby, Groovy, NodeJS, TypeScript
- GO is a nice to have
- 5+ years of experience in areas of Software Configuration Management, Version Control, Build and Release management, Change management, Cloud Integration
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Containers, and Functions
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps practice methodologies and software delivery from commit to production
- Experience with composable Pipeline as Code in AWS Pipelines/CodeBuild and/or Azure Pipelines, Jenkins(X), or similar
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Serverless and Container technology using AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, AWS Fargate, and the cloud native Kubernetes distribution.
- Created and managed a code deployment pipeline for custom application in the cloud using.
- Experience with IAC such as: TerraForm, Serverless.com, AWS CDK, AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM, Cloud SDK and APIs
- In-Depth background with one Config as Code DSL: Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet
- Passionate about software development
- Confident in speaking up and being yourself
- Innovative/Pioneering spirit
- Driven to deliver solutions that delight customers
- Passionate customer advocate
- Flexible, comfortable with change
- Quick learner seeks out new skill sets required for success
Benefits & Perks:
Company sponsored health, dental, vision insurance and flexible spending account (FSA) for employees and their families including domestic partners
Paid Vacation Time and company holidays
Lunch & Learn
Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers
World class training and career mentorship
Nexient is an inclusive equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hard coded into our DNA, and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.