The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for instrumenting/developing end to end automation that includes CI/CD pipelines, cloud infrastructure setup to automate every facet of SDLC. Must be a go-getter with a desire to learn and excel in new and exciting cloud technologies with a passion for automation.
- Develop CI/CD pipelines with Containerization to support automated deployments in to multiple application environments including Dev, QA, UAT & Production.
- Develop scalable cloud infrastructure following the best security practices with an emphasis towards Infrastructure as code using Terraform/CloudFormation.
- Support existing Technology stack for a variety of different solutions across several teams within the News America Marketing technology group.
- Be a part of 24/7 On-call support for all systems with a focus on critical/crown jewel systems.
- Develop Custom Deployment solutions implementing Chatbots methodology to automate routine functionalities
- Triage, Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues
- 4+ Years in a DevOps Engineer role with experience including but not limited to LAMP & MEAN stacks and Linux Eco systems.
- Must be a team player with a desire to excel in DevOps tools and practices to improve the productivity of the Development Teams across the organization.
- Experience setting up secured infrastructure and high velocity automation using AWS/Azure/Google Cloud platforms.
- Proficient in all of the following AWS Services : IAM, S3, EC2, RDS, VPC & Networking, SNS/SQS, Lambda, Route 53, API Gateway, Elasticache.
- Proficient in CI tools including Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis, AWS Code Pipeline.
- Proficient and adept in running Docker in production with Container Orchestration including Amazon ECS, Kubernetes & Docker Swarm.
- Experience with monitoring/alerting tools such as NewRelic, CloudWatch, DataDog, PagerDuty, AppDynamics.
- Experience with Logging tools such as SumoLogic/Splunk/ELK Stack.
- Development experience with Node.Js, PHP, Java, BASH & Python is preferred.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform/CloudFormation
- Experience setting up and basic administering of MYSQL, Postgres & NoSQL Databases.
- Experience working withagilescrum teams
- Experience with GitHub/GitLab with industry standard GitFlow processes.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as ansible, salt, chef.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.