DevOps Engineer - New Ventures Technology
- 3+ years of experience in IT, preferably working witharchitectures focusing on security and SaaS delivery models
- 2+ years of experience working on Linux based platforms
- 2+ years of experience with DevOps practices and toolset with strong focus on automationof provisioning, quality controls, securityauditing and maintenance
- 2+ years of experience with Bash, Python, Terraform, Packer, Ansible, PowerShell (if supporting Azure), GitHubEn, Lambda functions, CI/CD tooling, Jira and/or Confluence)
- 1+ years of experience with AWS and/or AZURE cloud offerings
- 1+ years of experience with containerizationplatforms, such as Docker
- Kubernetes experience is not required, but is preferred
- Experience with networking, SMTP, SSL, load balancing, and/or WAFs
- Experience working in agile teams
Who You'll Work With
You’ll work with our TechOps teams, which is part of McKinsey’s New Ventures.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we’re hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You'll combine ‘Agile’ with expertise in cloud, big data and mobile to create and maintain custom solutions that help clients increase productivity and make timely decisions.
This will include the development and implementation of IT systems and processessupporting SaaS applications, automation of provisioning, quality controls, securityauditing and maintenance, reporting and follow-up on server metrics, optimization of resources, and continuous improvement of efficiency of operational activities, among other projects.
You’ll work in small teams consisting of product managers, developers and operations people in a highly collaborative way. You will use the latest technologies and enjoy seeing the direct impact from your work.