We are looking for a talented and motivated DevOps Engineer. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated hands-on individual with a strong focus on scripting, automation, and infrastructure as code. You will be responsible for utilizing multiple technologies to improve existing processes and ensure security compliance and reliability across the entire infrastructure. Experience with Windows and Linux, Amazon cloud platforms, source control systems, monitoring platforms, and configuration management tools is essential.
This is position requires cloud knowledge, scripting and automation skills, communication skills, and a positive attitude. You will not be micro-managed and will be working with a fun, passionate and dedicated DevOps team, which is responsible for releases, automation, innovating and introducing new capabilities that can be used across the organization.
We are looking for someone passionate about building scalable, performant, reliable systems using the latest tools and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of DevOps concepts
- Understanding of RTO/RPO principles
- 2+ years experience building and maintaining systems in AWS (IAM, Route53, Lambda, API gateway, S3, Athena, CodePipeline)
- Understanding of distributed cloud architecture (multiple account/region configuration) and active/active principals.
- Experience creating/maintaining containerized applications (ECS/Fargate)
- Experience developing CI/CD and leveraging CloudFormation templates.
- Understanding of system hardening and cloud security best practices
- Understanding of basic cybersecurity frameworks (NIST, MAS, etc.)
- Experience developing infrastructure as code using the gitflow/trunkbased workflow
- Experience with scripting and programming, such as Powershell, Python and/or Bash
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools
- Understanding of enterprise services and technologies including firewalls, routing, certificates, Active Directory, IAM, etc.
- Understanding of Saas monitoring tools (datadog, new relic, etc.)
- Understanding/exposure to cloudwatch and pagerduty.
- Proactively identifies existing opportunities for automation and drive new ones
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as proactively identify potential flaws in existing systems.
- Bash scripting, Linux administration and database administration
- Experience with high traffic websites
- Willing to work in a fast paced and multitasking environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills