The Role / Responsibilities:
The DevOps Engineer will be part of a project team that will participate in the design, development, testing, implementation, support and documentation related to automation, server/application configuration, build and deploy, and activities related to end to end solutions., build and deploy, and activities related to end to end solutions.
- Automation and processes required to deploy, manage, configure, scale, and monitor internal, product, and cloud-based applications.
- Implementation and management of build and deploy workflow processes related to product development.
- Management and support of infrastructure and development applications including continuous integration, source code management, and hosted applications.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure successful delivery and implementation of assigned tasks.
- Coordinate with corporate IT organization to identify, refine, and validate technology requirements especially in regards to build and deploy activities and cloud activities.
- Assist in training less experienced staff members.
Moody's Analytics Qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge (2-4 Years’ experience) in a majority of the following areas:
- Build and release process
- Linux/Windows Platforms
- Scripting (Perl, Ruby, Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Java application servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, etc.)
- Continuous Integration applications (Jenkins, Hudson or Cruise)
- Build and deployment automation tools (Ant, Maven, Ivy, Nexus, Sonar, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Source code management tools (Perforce, Subversion, Git, VSS, etc.)
- Databases (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google) including limited operational experience in regards to automation, security, and management of cloud-based deployments
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated team player.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and, consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay current on trends and development within functional area of experience along with the industry.
- Self-assured and confident with professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.