Job Title: DevOps Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Montreal, QC
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
Note : Only for Canadian Citizen / PR
- Our client is looking for a highly-motivated System Engineer to support our Mobility Products and Services. The successful candidate will be responsible to support and to recommend the operational tooling strategy for the new Products and Services.
- This person will be joining our Ops L3 team and will be working closely with cross functional teams in the development of products and services using the DevOps methodology.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
- Working in close collaboration with other DevOps members responsible to create new products and services to operationalise them efficiently.
- Recommend, optimize and support the operational tools.
- Execute some of the required integration testing for the new products & services.
- Responsible for the operational software deployment tools for new products & services
- Insure effective platform performance & monitoring and overall software sanity via appropriate tooling.
- Provide third level operational tooling support
- Interface with internal customers & equipment vendors for troubleshootingsupport
- Bachelor?s degree in Engineering or IT (or equivalent experience in telecommunications)
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in Engineering and IT environment (Web).
- Knowledge of main Ops and Deployment tools used on DevOps methodology (Ansible, Chef, Kibana, puppet, Zabbix, Zendesk, Zenoss, etc.)
- Experience in software development & implementation including: (OS installation, Web Sys Admin, scripting and reporting languages, perl, shell, Linux, ELK, Application build system, Jenkins, Java, Node JS, C++, JSON object, Python, etc.)
- Strong scripting abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, open minded and strong ability to team work.
- Solid experience in platform deployments, integration & operationalization.
- Very good knowledge of spoken/written French and English.
- Database management skills an asset (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Knowledge and working experience on AWS platforms an asset
- Knowledge of the following protocols an asset: Diameter, SMPP, GTP, Sigtran & GRX
- On call availability 24/7
- Should be available for travelling