Enlighten IT Consulting, a MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) company, is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer that enjoys travel all over the U.S. and some possible overseas for installs/ upgrades/ etc. (1-3 weeks per instance). Must have prior experience with Big Data Solutions and Cloud technology. The ideal candidate believes in exploring alternatives and quickly prototyping to validate hypothetical architectures or solutions. The ideal candidate is passionate about the concept of infrastructure as code and leverages modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud.
Will significantly contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting edge Big Data/Cloud technology. Design and implement core architecture and capabilities for software from prototype to operational applications. Must understand software engineering fundamentals, OO programming, relational and time series databases, scripting knowledge and a basic level of development operations (DevOps) skill set. Applyexperience working within an AGILE software development life cycle, including requirements creation, sprint planning, and grooming, etc.
- A current Secret level U.S. government security clearance is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- 5-10 years of experience in DevOps Engineering or Software Development (Java preferred).
- Must have experience with Cloud related technologies such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases.
- Must have prior experience with Distributed Computing and Big Data.
- Must be able to travel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with AWS is highly desired.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or similar is highly desired.
- Certifications to meet the DOD 8570 IAT certifications (i.e. Security+ or higher level).
- Prior experience or familiarity with our Big Data Platform is a plus.
- Data parsing/transforming techniques to include JSON, XML, CSV formats.
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.).