Knightscope is looking for a strong, thoughtful and highly self-motivated DevOps Engineer that has experience scaling and automating complex systems on Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will also be responsible for the monitoring and deployment of our cutting-edge platform. You must be a roll up your sleeves type of person and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment. The position is located in Mountain View, CA.
- Be responsible for the daily operations of Knightscope's cloud-based infrastructure that supports our network of cloud-connected cameras and user-facing applications.
- Provide visibility/monitoring/alerting into the health and performance of all our services and infrastructure by leveraging tolls like New Relic and Cloud Watch.
- Work with team of developers to coordinate technical dependencies and continuously deliver Knightscope's product to customers on-time.
- Work on weekly builds and ensure that there is no disruption of service for our users.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (Master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience in a DevOps role; including on-call responsibilities, using AWS in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable scripting in Bash/Python/Go.
- Experience with common tools such as: Docker, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Ansible, New Relic, PagerDuty, etc.
- Expertise with monitoring, metrics, and logging systems like Nagios, Prometheus, ElasticSearch.
- Strong understanding of networking technologies like firewalls, load balancers, subnets, route table etc.
- A self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with security, encryption protocols, vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Knowledge of the Agile project management methodologies.