Kayak Software is seeking a motivated, self-starter for our DevOps Engineer position in Concord, Massachusetts. This position is responsible for the health, testing, and architecture of system platforms that support the live production site and other systems.
DevOps Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management of systems.
- Implements new technologies to enhance our environment.
- Provides direct and responsive support for urgent production issues.
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Uses open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve problems with custom workflow.
- Collaborates with others on the projects to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Participate in 24/7rotation.
DevOps Engineer Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (IT experience can substitute for a BS degree)
- Familiarity with Docker, Elastic Search, LAMP, technologies
- Skilled in scripting in Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, or other related languages
- Experience in GIT, best code practices, puppet
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Experience with troubleshooting via Kibana or other tools
- Previous experience in a java environment