Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: New York City
Duration: Full Time/Permanent
The DevOps Engineer responsible for managing the day to day activities related to cloud initiatives and the DevOps suite of tools used to deploy applications to the cloud.
- Responsible for building application full automation pipeline for deployment into AWS using Jenkins, Artifactory, Puppet and Terraform.
- Adhere to the process and security standards when building application infrastructure in AWS.
- Serve as enforcer for DevOps practices to prevent "technical drift”.
- Maintain key service level agreements.
- Onboarding of new applications into standardized release pipeline.
- Work closely and collaborate with technical peers, business operations and enterprise testing teams.
- Provide guidance and direction to AppDev teams in regards to DevOps processes and technical/pipeline standards.
- Participate in team wide Change Management process as both implementer and verifier ensuring changes are completed efficiently and correctly.
- Keeper and enforcer of the technical and tools standards.
- Participate in security reviews for application security groups.
- Minimum 4 years experience with DevOps practices and automation tooling.
- Experience with Java, or Python, or .Net scripting.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with DevOps orchestration tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with AWS cloud services.
- Understanding of application code and build scripts.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components and how they are architected in AWS.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well with changing priorities in a fast paced, 24x7 environment.
- Experience with public cloud migrations/transformations.
- Must be highly collaborative and be able to work in a team environment, with technical and business people.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and customer service skills with the ability to translate technical detail into non-technical information.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or workforce equivalent Technical certifications preferred.