Ideally, you’re comfortable uncovering the complexity in existing systems and identifying opportunities for incremental improvements. You are also excited to introduce new technologies and work on greenfield projects. You are open to giving and receiving feedback, participating in code reviews and design discussions. In addition to the above, you are forward-thinking and able to remain effective when priorities shift.
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and tools like Jenkins, GitHub Action.
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code concepts and tools.
- Solid understanding of container technologies like Docker, Nomad or Kubernetes.
- Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- May be required to be part of an on-call rotation
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with the Hashicorp stack, terraform, consul, nomad, vault
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of fiber networks a plus/