Our client is a rapidly growing company who creates products and services that make actionable information instantly accessible to clinical trial patients, site staff and study teams. It’s exciting, it’s innovative, and it’s making a difference.
Currently they are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. As part of a dedicated DevOps team, you are responsible for running a SaaS platform for all our users across the globe, and focus on building deployment pipelines and to automate creation of resilient infrastructure.
- Automate provisioning of infrastructures for running platforms used during all stages of development, testing, staging and production.
- Develop pipelines and tools for product teams for one-click deployment to any number of production environments. We believe in a ‘self-servicing” model and want product teams to be as much involved in releases as possible.
- Develop comprehensive pipelines for automating “canary” and public releases across all production clusters in our hybrid cloud environment.
- Build automation for automatic system recovery, backup and restore.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive monitoring tool set from system to application level which provides great insights into health of our platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve directly or with SRE’s help any issues related to infrastructure failures.
- Orchestrate our micro-services based architecture.
- Educate software engineers in operational matters to improve our platform resilience and maintainability.
- Are the “go to” person for any administration/scaling and performance matters related to one or more of the following (Mysql, Redis, Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic, Nginx).
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps roles and a 3rd level degree in computer science or relevant areas.
- Knowledge of the Ops world or Dev world with great Ops level experience.
- Deep knowledge of at least one high level programming language e.g., Ruby, Go, Java, Scala, Groovy.
- Proficient in scripting (Bash, Perl, Python).
- Able to build large scale orchestration for micro-services based architectures using Docker and ideally JVM based technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems and internals.
- Able to administrate one or more of the following: Redis, Elastic Stack, Kafka, Cassandra, MySql, Tomcat, Nginx.
- Understand Docker technology inside out, and are familiar with Jenkins or other CI tools.
- Know one or more orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, Mesos or Docker Compose/Swarm).
- Proficient with GIT, Jenkins (or equivalent); continue integration/delivery and deployment.