WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We are passionate about providing payment solutions with unparalleled security and control for corporate purchasing and transaction monitoring needs. We hire people who share the same passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in our industry. We are employee centric offering value-based incentives and generous compensation and benefits packages. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
Information Systems Engineer: designs and develops cloud-based enterprise infrastructure, process and tools that enable and enhance developer productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to moderate and large cross functional development efforts.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify business opportunities and solve business problems.
- Responsible for providing high level assessments of development efforts.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for projects of moderate to significant complexity.
- Responsible for designing and developing solutions that conform up-to and including PCI Tier 1 requirements.
- Responsible for building and executing against a detailed development schedule.
- Responsible for monitoring the efforts of more junior developer and contracted staff.
- Responsible for producing project related artifacts governed by corporate SDLC and ensuring development efforts conform to standards.
- Collaborates with team to identify improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
- Responsible for engaging with production support staff and remediating chronic and/or critical production support issues.
- Responsible for training and mentoring more junior or new staff.
Team charter is mobile and web development; the primary focus for this position will be the cloud-based enterprise infrastructure for the mobile and web development teams.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Direct experience automating the continuous delivery of software to Amazon Web Services
- Experience writing CloudFormation templates to script creation of environments
- Knowledge of AWS core services (EC2, VPC, Security Groups, Directory Services, Cloud Watch)
- Network administration experience
- Knowledge of network security and experience implementing security best practices into the infrastructure
- Experience with CI/CD orchestration tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with PCI audit processes a plus.
- Experience with Web service development with Java, experience specifically with RESTful API and Spring framework a plus
- Unit testing with JUnit, mocking libraries like Mockito/PowerMock a plus
- Experience with Gradle or Maven build systems a plus
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as TeamCity or Jenkins a plus
- Experience with Database, SQL, and Java Persistence API (JPA) a plus
- Experience working on an Agile team, using a tracking tool such a JIRA a plus