Indiegogo is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to jump right in and be a part of our DevOps team. We are a dynamic, small team that works very closely with Engineering to manage a number of projects including performance, configuration, and database administration. Our app has incredible spikes in demand when campaigns go viral, so one of the fun challenges you’ll work on is helping us seamlessly scale during these unpredictable periods of heavy traffic.
Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream, including hundreds of products shipping right away. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner.
Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we! We are a team of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal, anything is possible.
- Build and improve platform services including web application hosting, databases, and networking
- Automate the provisioning, configuration, scaling, and monitoring of our platform
- Manage vendors and integrations used to deliver Indiegogo services
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Work closely with developers in our engineering department
- Promote knowledge sharing and DevOps culture across our entire Engineering department
- Experience running and troubleshooting a large-scale, production mobile and web operation on a large public cloud platform is required
- Intermediate or Advanced Linux troubleshooting and related skills (Ubuntu preferred) required
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge and experience with Chef for configuration management is required
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge and experience with Ruby and/or Rails required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge and experience with at least 2 of the following data stores required (bonus points for more than 2): MySQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge and experience with at least 1 of the following technologies required (bonus points for more than 1): Varnish, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, and Terraform
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge and experience with Icinga, Statsd, Collectd, and Graphite required (alternative equivalent monitoring stacks accepted)
- Able to complete project work in addition to daily interruptive tasks
- Able to become proficient with new technologies in a short timespan as required by project work
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with design of high-availability solutions such as load balancing, failover, clustering, and disaster recovery
- Familiarity with performance best practices
- Able to work primarily independently on project work (but also in a collaborative work environment)
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
BONUS POINTS IF YOU ARE/HAVE:
- Software development experience
- Open-source software contributions
- Experience with continuous integration and agile development processes
- A passion for crowdfunding!
- Competitive salaries with equity
- Competitive medical, vision, and dental for you and yours
- Dog friendly office
- Quarterly all hands meetings with fun events
- A supportive, open environment that embraces and cultivates fearlessness, authenticity, and collaboration
We have offices in San Francisco and New York, and as well as support on the ground in multiple international locations. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.