As a DevOps Engineer at Passport, you will be at the center of our efforts to build and/or redesign scalable software solutions for our clients. You will design, develop, test, and debug cloud applications and deployment automation in support of Passport's development teams. Your efforts will be critical to ensuring we are following DevOps best practices such as infrastructure as code, security as code, use of deployment and maintenance automation at all stages of our SDLC. You will work closely with the application development and product teams and take direction from more senior engineers and leads.
- Design and deploy highly scalable, fault-tolerant solutions in AWS
- Write and maintain webhooks and Lambda functions to audit infrastructure, create KPIs, and automate CI/CD and data pipelines
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Lead ongoing efforts to automate deployments
- Assist development teams with debugging infrastructure and automation issues
- Ensure that sufficient monitors and alerts are in place and help the broader engineering team become more proactive at production support
- Maintain and update live SaaS systems with 99.95% client uptime SLA's
- Work with the broader engineering team to maintain 24x7x365 support
- Work with awesome people on a daily basis
You have excellent attention to detail and can troubleshoot issues with ease. You can multitask between multiple complex projects and operational requests. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solution.
- At least 5 years of combined experience in DevOps and development at an organization supporting dozens to hundreds of applications and/or servers
- At least 2 years of experience supporting applications in a production environment
- Knowledge of Node.js and its ecosystem (npm, nvm, frameworks such as Express, StrongLoop, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as GitLab.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Cloudformation, Ansible, SaltStack or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of cloud services (AWS strongly preferred) and open source technologies (Linux platform preferred)
- Has experience with MySQL databases; NoSQL a positive as well.
- Has working experience with Container and Container Management frameworks. (e.g. Docker and Swarm, AWS ECS)
- Has experience working with APIs and in developing them.
- Implemented Cloud and container security paradigms.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture / microservices
- Experience with log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of infrastructure
- Salary levels are based on skill level and experience.