An iBASEt DevOps Engineer to follow best practices for software development using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model to speedup deliverables with automation and standardization. DevOps will work with various departments to create and develop systems within a company. From creating and implementing systems software to analyzing data to improve existing ones, as a DevOps Engineer you will increase productivity internally and with our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As DevOps Engineer responsible to facilitate better coordination between operations, development, and testing functions by automating and streamlining the integration and deployment processes.
- Efficiently work cross product and services teams identifying and resolving application and server issues supporting customers and providing the required technical guidance to ensure software deliverables are completed.
- Manage complex integration and deployment with no downtime with minimum direction
- Create Technical Specifications that corresponds to the Functional Specifications written by the Business Analyst and serve as technical advisers to developers providing the necessary guidance on the requirements.
- Effectively work with Implementation Manager(s) in estimating, planning, prioritizing and execution of assigned tasks within project deadlines
- Review and understand Application user interface and integration to assist in the development of deployment plans to ensure the final build is release with quality and completable with existing infrastructure.
- Implement custom deployment strategy based upon written technical specifications supporting customers.
- Ability to perform peer code reviews ensuring programming standards are adhered to.
- Works in a team environment to discover requirements, design and solution for the customer.
- Developing effective, maintainable code on time
- Working with product specialists and team lead to create accurate level of effort estimates and schedules
- Experience with source code control management, branch management, builds and code promotion processes
- Performing software maintenance and bug fixes
- Understand application schema logical and physical models
- Resolve software issues in terms of functionality, usability, performance
- Support team of developers onshore/offshore for product development and deployment.
- Develop and implement systems interfaces, application configurations, specific customizations, data load, data migration and application upgrade for assigned projects, as required by project requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline; or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in software development and deployment is required
- Must have Docker experience (pre and post launch) (Docker Swarm) and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies.
- Must have experience with maintaining and building a Microservices Architecture in production using containers
- Good to have experience in Ansible, Chef or Puppet in a production environment
- Must have 5+ years of experience building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines utilizing Version Control, Jenkins and covering both On-Premise, On-premise cloud and cloud-based installations of software
- Experience in the public cloud, such as AWS, Digital Ocean, Azure.
- Must have experience scripting with bash, PowerShell, python, etc.
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and best practices in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong understanding of UNIX operating systems – Prefer Linux and Linux Administration, Windows is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills, both written and oral
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend and move about the facility
- May require some light physical effort
- Usual office working conditions
- May experience various travel schedule and different time zones
- Travel times may include Sunday evenings and Friday afternoons.
- Availability to travel outside the home city at least 50% of the time, internationally 25% of the time.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.