We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
With approximately 50,000 talented employees working in nearly 70 countries, Halliburton is one of the world’s largest providers of innovative products and services to the oil and gas industry. Halliburton adds value through the entire lifecycle of a reservoir by offering a broad array of products and services to upstream oil and gas customers worldwide.
As a Senior Software Testing Technical Professional you will work as a DevOps Engineer in a Software Development organization. As part of the Release Management group, you will implement and support CI/CD Pipeline and Build Automation solutions. Working as a member of project SCRUM Teams, you will leverage your strong understanding of Configuration Management tools and principles to develop robust software solutions. Using your knowledge of CI/CD tools and methodologies, your collaboration with Development/Testing will enable the SCRUM teams to effectively deliver high quality software through Delivery Automation. With an in-depth knowledge of Cloud platforms and other virtualization technologies, you will help define, implement and monitor Development and Testing environments, ensuring the Software teams have the tools on hand to effectively Develop and Test the software.
- Act as DevOps Engineer for Software Release Management group
- Represent Release Management as an active member of the SCRUM Team(s)
- Perform Configuration Management, Versioning, Dependency Management activities
- Create/Implement Build solutions for Software projects
- Create end product deployment artifacts
- Script/Automate CI/CD pipeline solutions
- Define, Implement and Monitor Development and Testing environments in Azure
- Define, document and implement DevOps standards, best practices and processes
- Provide Risk Assessment and Mitigation for assigned Products and Projects
- Assure Scrum team is following Release Management strategies and best practices
- Ensure Build Quality is maintained and any build related issues are identified and communicated in a timely fashion
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of DevOps and Configuration Management Practices, Strategies and Techniques
- Can demonstrate a working knowledge of TFS, Visual Studio, and Visual Studio Team Services
- Can demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft vNext build, Git and GitHub
- Is familiar with Microsoft Build, Team Build and/or other configuration management tools
- Has experience using NuGet, Chocolatey and/or other package management tools
- Has experience working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Can demonstrate strong understanding of Release Management and Pipeline Management concepts
- Has experience with Software versioning and dependency management
- Has experience working with Microsoft technology stacks including .NET, WPF and C++ solutions
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of Software Development and Agile methodologies
- Has Experience working in Agile/SCRUM environment
- Has experience writing PowerShell for Azure environments including ARM and DSC scripting
- Has experience with otherscriptinglanguages such as Python and/or Ruby
- Is familiar with VMWare, HyperV and/or other virtualization environments
- Is familiar with Docker and/or other Containerization solutions
- Has working knowledge of Chef, Puppet and/or Ansible
- Has experience with Business Process Re-Engineering
- Is familiar with Open Source tools and technologies and has experience scanning software artifacts for standards compliance
- Is detail-oriented
- Can demonstrate good troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent Oral/Written Communication skills
- Team Collaboration
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Minimum: Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 4 years of related experience or through 8years of Software Release/Configuration Management and/or Software Development experience
- Desired: Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 7 years of related experience or through 11 years of Software Release/Configuration Management and/or Software Development experience.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition Number: 49886