Heartland School Solutions is the leading provider of innovative child nutrition management and secure online payment solutions to public and private schools in the United States, currently supporting more than 30,000 schools in all 50 states.
The School Solutions team consists of more than 220 highly trained, dedicated team members with a passion for delivering the best solutions and service in the industry.
- You will be working with our internal technical teams.
- Direct interaction with the customer will be unusual.
- Your responsibilities will include both operations tasks and data analysis.
- Operationally, you will share responsibilities for School Solutions production Cloud system Deployments, Monitoring, Incident Management, Outage Management, Problem Management, Customer On Boarding and User Access Provisioning.
- In this role you will be responsible for operational readiness by performing system health checks, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- To be successful supporting Cloud based applications including Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Services (PaaS) applications, it is expected that the candidate will have a background in Cloud applications development and operations.
- You will also share responsibilities for School Solutions data.
- You will take support requests and develop solutions by querying data and/or writing queries to update the data. The solution may require that the data be presented in a report format, potentially necessitating the use of Excel pivot tables.
- This role may evolve into building complex reporting systems, involving data marts and dashboards.
- You will work on a wide range of different tasks on a daily basis, from troubleshooting processing issues to setting up new users and accounts.
- You will be asked to review certain configurations and assess/correct as appropriate.
- You will work on dashboards that reveal application health and performance metrics.
- You will troubleshoot unexpected data anomalies by analyzing data flows and the information that is captured. You will troubleshoot report queries by validating report data and calculations.
- You will provide support for internal data processes, including scheduled imports/exports and scheduled backups/restores.
- You will produce reports on an ad hoc basis and create scheduled tasks as necessary to support the continued generation of such reports.
- Communicate with each other and our internal teams, including the management team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Five years of experience in a technical role
- Two years of experience with programming or scripting in C#, VB.Net, VBScript or Powershell
- Two years of experience providing IaaS and PaaS configuration and operations support
- Payment industry experience/knowledge
- Three years of experience developing T-SQL queries
- Able to work extended hours or weekends Able to travel occasionally to meet with other team members
- Able to pass a pre-employment background check Desirable skills Tableau or Power BI experience
- Strong IT Skills Excellent data analysis skills Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables
- Understanding of change management processes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English