We're looking to hire an engineer dedicated to reliability at Getaround. Your mandate will be to add reliability to our engineering infrastructure wherever it is most necessary. You’ll put effort into places that increase the total efficiency of engineering in sometimes dramatic ways.
You'll need experience as an SRE or in DevOps, but we're looking for software engineers, not sysadmins. We're looking for someone who is comfortable building systems that will not wake your co-workers up at 3 in the morning; someone who can write web apps, but can just as easily spin up all the right tools to keep one running.
What you'll be doing
- Building, configuring, and optimizing highly-available systems for the Getaround platform
- Running the next generation of our our deployment strategy to our hybrid IaaS and PaaS infrastructure on Google Cloud.
- Scaling out our monitoring systems so that we know before our customers do anytime something isn't completely working.
- Building engineering tools that run our unit/integration/acceptance tests, control our build process, and trigger builds in our CI environment.
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree, or 4+ years industry experience
- 2+ years managing production systems on AWS or GCP
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience working with automated provisioning tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with CI systems such as Jenkins/Hudson or Travis.
- Expert knowledge of Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Proficiency with monitoring infrastructure such as Graphite, StatsD, Librato, New Relic, and Stackdriver
- Proficient scripting in Python, Bash, or similar
- Real world experience as an agile software development team member
- Experience working with the Google Cloud Platform.
- Expert Python skills
- Experience with Terraform, Vault, or similar tools