We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with experience in Azure PaaS, building and automating CI/CD pipelines, managing and monitoring Cloud Infrastructure, planning, forecasting, and tracking operational costs and monitoring and supporting mission-critical cloud solutions.
The DevOps Engineer will play a technical leadership role and will be expected to have a say in architecture best practices for highly available SaaS solutions and business intelligence solutions built on big data.
There will be some exposure to IoT devices, in addition to in-house and 3rd party SaaS solutions.
- Help the engineering team, in collaboration with IT, choose, deploy, and manage the necessary software development tools
- Define and build the different development, testing, and production environments
- Build a reliable CI/CD pipeline
- Build the necessary networks to isolate and enforce security and cloud best practices
- Build the necessary monitors, alerts, and self-healing capabilities for our solutions
- Play a key role in advising on Architecture and available managed services along with the trade-offs between them
- Write code/scripts to automate certain engineering processes, mostly related to deployment
- Participate in process improvement and setting engineering best practices with the team
- Participate in on-call, remote or on-site support and maintenance activities as needed
- May occasionally need to manage temporary contractors or 3rd party services related to Cloud Ops
- 7+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS offerings. Certification preferred.
- Experience with Networking technologies
- Some programming experience using a high-level language (C#, Java, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience using a scripting language (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Proven experience troubleshooting and resolving live-site issues in highly available environments
- 3+ years of experience with highly available cloud storage (Azure Tables/Blobs/Queues, SQL Azure, HD Insight, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science