RPS ASA is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our software development team. The successful candidate will work closely with our software engineers and company IT department to support our custom software development operations. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key contributor to our dynamic team and leverage your experience to solve high value problems and optimize our infrastructure.
The environment consists of AWS Cloud and multiple datacenter servers, not just physical servers, but Virtual (VMware) servers as well. The position’s key focus is on daily administration and maintenance of the Servers, User Administration, as well as configuring and deploying additional servers as needed.
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to work independently, prioritizes existing projects, and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance. This person will have the confidence and expertise to define problems, collect data, and formulate solutions both independently and working as a team.
• Development support experience.
• Proficiency working in both Linux and Microsoft Windows environments
• Familiarity with Python, Bash Script, VbScript, or other scripting language(s)
• Familiarity with version control systems e.g. git, TFS, etc
• Familiarity with Jira or other similar issue and project tracking systems
• Familiarity with SQL Databases
• Familiarity with working in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, …)
• Familiarity with networking routing and general web protocols
• Familiarity with VMWare administration
• Strong working knowledge in network and web security best practices
• Experience troubleshooting Linux and Windows Services/Servers
• Help desk experience is a plus
Deploy and manage cloud and on premise technical computing services supporting our software development team. Build/Deploy automation tools to support the software development project. Proactively observe engineering practices and recommend systems to solve problems or alleviate pain points. Work closely with both internal and external software development resources as well as IT/network operations and the clients of our solutions. Time will be filled with internal helpdesk tasks (very small portion of time).
Compensation & Benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Competitive benefit plan including healthcare and 401k with a 5% company match
• Casual and fun work environment
• Flexible work hours