The Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Cloud Support, Product Development, Architecture and Program Management organizations in developing tools to build, deploy, execute and automate infrastructure and software applications for both proprietary and third party hosted environments.
This role assumes full accountability for delivery of innovative technical solutions, allowing speed and ease of delivery. The Development Operations Engineer will provide outstanding customer service, technical knowledge, and accurate and timely deliverables, including advanced troubleshooting, support, proper scoping, resource documentation and timely communication of deliverables.
The Development Operations Engineer will be able to provide expert knowledge and support of deployment, delivery and automation phases of the information life cycle. This individual must be able to collaborate with the Operations, Product Development, IT, Application support teams to effectively deliver reliable, well-designed solutions for all products.
- Support Program Management, Architecture, Product Development and Cloud Support Teams with deployment and automation services through multiple tools.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of monitoring specifications, and configurations.
- Create methods to enhance level of stability and availability of all supported systems.
- Anticipate, identify, troubleshoot, mitigate, and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Create and maintain up-to-date documentation.
- Work with associated teams to troubleshoot application upgrades during change control windows as needed.
- Consult with project management and internal clients to determine project scope, timeline for project involvement.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- 2-5 years' work experience supporting, deploying and building software packages
- B.S. Engineering / C.S. degree desirable or related experience.
- AWS/Azure Certifications desirable or related experience.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and support new applications and technologies from a DevOps perspective
- Demonstrable knowledge of scripting and automating
- Good understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, SSL.
- General knowledge of Windows DNS and authentication principals as used in multi-tiered client server applications.
- General knowledge of Linux and other open source OS and application
- Good understanding of the ITIL, ITSM principles.
- Ability to stay current with emerging technologies.
- Strong communication and team interaction skills.
- Working knowledge of Agile SDLC methodologies to troubleshoot, debug, and support software applications.
- PowerShell/Linux shells
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Multiple programming languages - .NET, C++ and Java
- Octopus , Ansible, AWS code deploy, Puppet
- Continuous Integration
- Cloud technologies (AWS/Google/Azure)
- Cloud buildout tools (CloudFormation/Terraform/Azure Blueprint and Arm templates)
- Solid networking and infrastructure knowledge
- Desired State Configuration setup and management