Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Contract - 12 Months
Partner’s Consulting recruits for positions that allow our consultants to make a positive impact and opportunity for growth at exciting, high-level organizations. Our consultants enjoy flexibility, competitive pay, and the ability to be part of an awesome, award-winning company with a progressive work culture.
Our client is seeking an DevOps Engineer to develop and utilize tools and infrastructure to assure highly performant service delivery on their core service delivery infrastructure, which delivers stunningly new video experiences at a massive scale. You will work with a new, small and fast-moving team of world-class experts who are innovating in end-to-end video delivery. The team thrives on big challenges, results, quality and agility. This role is positioned within collaborative Scrum teams that consist of Operations, Development and Engineering. You’ll be working with the best and brightest minds while rolling out the video delivery infrastructure that will power the next generation of television. Success in this role is characterized by a higher speed to market, with fewer customer-facing defects and outages.
- Provides day-to-day 24x7 support of the Cloud Infrastructure that delivers IP-based DVR and Live Linear Video to customers.
- Works with Engineering teams on more efficient ways to automate and operate infrastructure.
- Assists in all deployments of new services and capacity augments.
- Develops and maintains a capacity model for growing Cloud architecture.
- Participates in the ground-up design and planning for all future products and services for the IP Video platform.
- Troubleshoots errors with proprietary and open source applications in production and pre-production environments.
- Identifies, implements and documents technical SOPs for maintenance tasks.
- Monitors the health and status of assigned systems.
- Creates and maintains policies, standards and overall system documentation.
- Traces defects through a cutting-edge service-oriented architecture to find root cause.
- Develops scripts and utilities to automate data collection from hundreds or thousands of nodes.
- Queries Big Data stores (Splunk, Hadoop, MemSQL) to quantify the scope of reported issues.
- Creates new metrics and identifies monitoring deliverables to improve site reliability.
- Evaluates new code releases for basic reliability and systems integration support, providing guidance to QA teams who will perform functional and load testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- 5+ years of experience with Service Operations.
- Experience with a variety of software and hardware operating environments, including Cisco UCS and VMware.
- Experience with Couchbase, Apache Web Services, video transcoding, video stream package management and DRM technologies.
- Experience with a scriptinglanguage (e.g. Python, Perl or Bash).
- Familiarity with at least one monitoring/ logging tool (e.g. Splunk, OP5, Nagios or Dynatrace).
- Experience with Go programming, MemSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Linux environments.
- Expert at troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile environment; constantly adapts to moving targets.
- Strong sense of ownership with excellent communication, design and problem-solving skills.
Partner's Consulting is a reputable, Nationally Certified Women Owned Business Enterprise Information Technology Consulting and Recruiting firm based in the Philadelphia area. We have built personal relationships with our clients over the years, and work directly with hiring managers on all our open positions. Our core values are focused on the highest level of professional dedication to our client's requirements coupled with our desire to partner for joint success.