What you’ll do:
As a Systems Engineer, you will provide production support, DevOps integration and technical support. Daily tasks will include troubleshooting and resolving IT related issues to include Linux, Windows, networking and performance. Additional tasks will include managing ticket queue, monitoring usage, participating in on-call rotation, and managing alarms.
Self-motivation and ability to learn on the job is vital to your success. You will be fanatical about customer satisfaction, possess the ability and desire to master new and relevant technologies, and be able to effectively translate these into your daily responsibilities. In this role you should be comfortable taking ownership over small projects with minimal direction.
What we’re looking for:
This position requires flexibility to work additional hours and be on-call when necessary. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of IT/DevOps experience
- Academic background in IT/Computer Science is preferred
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server is required.
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, or other IaC
- Basic understanding of managing in an IaaS/PaaS is required; familiarity of Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google Cloud is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, including on-call and after-hour support
- Experience as primary point of contact and demonstrated expertise with end-user
- Experience with system implementations and process improvements
- Experience developing small apps / APIs.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
This positions requires journeyman level skills in most of these technologies:
- Database administration of one platform (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Version Control, CI/DC and Deployment software such as CircleCI, AWS CodeDeploy and Git
- Containerization and deployment strategies (K8s, Openshift, Lambda, Fargate)
- Monitor and alarming software to include AWS CloudWatch, NewRelic andSplunk On-Call (VictorOps)
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails, nginx/apache is preferred
- Some familiarity with Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, or Microsoft Azure Functions