Verana Health partners with leading medical associations to transform clinical data into actionable real-world evidence. These partnerships enable Verana to harness the comprehensive data found in qualified clinical data registries and other specialty data sources to accelerate medical research and enhance patient care. Verana raised $100 million from investors including GV, formerly, showing a continued thirst for new data-driven approaches to treating disease.
Our team is reinventing how medical research happens with data and technology. This is a company built by and for people who are looking to get out of their comfort zone and try new things, who want to learn and grow quickly, and who seek to be part of a mission-driven team committed to improving patient lives. Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in NC, NJ, FL, WA, MA, WI, VA, PA, and TX.
Verana Health is seeking a developer operations professional with the skills to maintain company-wide AWS infrastructure. This role will develop processes and best practices in authorization and security, within AWS services.
- Deploy, maintain, and support applications, servers, and cloud development platforms in support of technology projects across a wide range of languages, operating systems, and testing platforms.
- Work closely with customers to meet their DevOps needs, address bugs, and achieve company goals.
- Assist existing DevOps team to create AWS orchestration infrastructure.
- Help testing team(s) orchestrate application test framework for routine test pipelines.
- Document and improve the DevOps processes.
- As part of DevOps team, you will design, develop and maintain a scalable cloud CI/CD pipeline
- Collaborate continuously with the product development teams to implement CI/CD pipeline
- Perform analysis of best practices for DevOps in the industry and fine tune to build a world class DevOps infrastructure.
- BS/MS in computer science, software engineering, or related work experience
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps, software development, or otherwise supporting software developers in a professional setting.
- Experience with AWS DevOps authorization and authentication services
- Experience with AWS toolchain and configuration support.
- Recent experience with AWS Cognito and Redshift
- Experience creating AWS IAM and VPC configuration and org level support
- Experience with Linux server administration
- Experience with Windows server administration, via SQLServer
- Experience writing Bash, Python and other tools commonly used in DevOps tasks
- Experience working with GitLab and GitHub for software development or supporting software developers.
- Experience with AWS Code Deploy/Code Commit as well as CI/CD experience would be preferred. Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as Github/Jenkins/Gradle is a must have.
- Exposure to container technology, container focussed distributions and Kubernetes is a big plus
- 4+ years of experience in design and implementation of automation (tooling, testing, build & release)
- Knowledge of microservices architecture in cloud environments would be desired.
- Experience and exposure with managing and scaling 24/7 enterprise level applications
- Experience developing flexible, stable and scalable large-scale systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent self-starter, team player and Go-Getter
- Healthcare or health data analytics exposure would be a plus
Verana Health values our employees well-being and happiness. We provide fully covered health, vision and dental for employees, Flexible vacation plans, learning and development allowances, a generous parental leave policy, 401K and commuter benefits.