The vision of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is to ensure uninterrupted service for CHG Healthcare applications and services. This position designs, implements, administers, and automates IT systems at CHG. This includes, but is not limited to, configuration management, automation, CI/CD, log aggregation and analysis, monitoring, and security best practices for cloud and on-prem platforms. In addition, the position will provide technical leadership, research and implementation of new technologies, while having primary responsibility over the maintenance and improvement of existing infrastructure platforms.
How You'll Contribute
- Provide technical leadership in the design, improvement, automation, and maintenance of enterprise hardware and software infrastructure.
- Architect enterprise infrastructure standards for internal, cloud, and integrated deployments
- Implement, automate, maintain, and patch CI/CD Infrastructure.
- Create, design, and implement automation technologies using industry tools (e.g. Salt, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation).
- Participate in definition of enterprise security policies and their implementation.
- Provide technical mentorship to other team members and foster a team attitude.
- Require to work some weekends, evenings, and participate with On-Call rotation.
- Other projects as assigned by management.
What You'll Bring
- Demonstrate technical leadership in an enterprise environment including adhering to standards, testing, and documentation.
- Ability to analyze business partners’ requirements, architect, and implement solutions to meet those requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think critically in order to produce creative and efficient solutions to difficult problems.
- Must be able to troubleshoot complex problems and take swift corrective action to solve the problem.
- Ability to work effectively with other team members and IT partners (e.g. Project Management, Business Analysts, Support Services, etc.).
- Ability to mentor, be mentored, work with lower-level engineers, and partner with peers.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and internal partners.
- Ability to see how the immediate, smaller project fits into a much larger and long-term project and strategic direction.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet project time lines.
- Must be able to communicate technical architectures, designs, and solutions clearly to management and team members.
- Ability to work independently as well as working on project teams.
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD technologies, monitoring, logging, and dashboarding. (e.g. Jenkins, pipelines, unit testing, PRTG, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with configuration management and deployment automation (e.g. Salt, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation, Ansible).
Advanced understanding of container, virtualization, and cloud technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, EC2, ECS, Azure, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of HTTP(S) transport and proxy technologies (e.g. nginx, HAProxy, Elastic Load Balancer, F5, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of networking concepts and design (e.g. TCP/IP stack, Sub-netting, VLANS, DNS, DHCP, and routing)
- Advanced experience deploying and maintaining microservice architectures.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Go, PowerShell, Node.js, Ruby etc.)
Education and Experience Requirements:
BS degree in technical field or equivalent work experience designing, supporting, and implementing enterprise infrastructure.
- 2-5 years of increasing experience and knowledge in the installation, configuration, design, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting of an enterprise datacenter.
- 2+ years of experience deploying and maintaining multi-container applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay + bonus
- Comprehensive training—we rank No. 3 among the world’s top training organizations
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Retirement planning and savings options
- Tuition assistance
- On-site health center
- On-site gym
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
At CHG, we foster an environment where our people feel free to be themselves. Our core values—Putting People First, Growth, Continuous Improvement, Quality and Professionalism, and Integrity and Ethics—guide us daily to work hard and enjoy what we do! We’re committed to growing our company and are always looking to promote from within. This is an ideal time to join our team.