Centene is looking for a DevOps engineer to join the DevOps CI/CD team. In this role, you'll have responsibility for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Centene's development systems. The ideal candidate will have a solid 'hands-on' background in deploying and developing tools to automate system deployments and management tasks.
- Maintain and contribute to the enterprise software release calendar.
- Manage release issues, risks, deployment requests and change requests to a given release Manage releases to ensure timely delivery of enterprise releases aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Work with QA and Business Analysts to support internal and external audit teams and enable regulatory requirements like the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), through tracking, history collection, sign-off mechanisms and other controls.
- Conduct regular release management governance meetings.
- Develop, implement and manage software release plans across multiple enterprise and regional development initiatives.
- Coordinate the code migration timeline, Change and Service Requests and deployment to various environments, including project implementation checkout activities.
- Document and formalize release management processes and procedures to facilitate continuous review and improvement.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Configuration Map and Document technical interfaces between systems using related enterprise configuration management tools.
- Produce release metrics and dashboards that provide a single view of the releases scheduled for a given time frame (day, week, month, year).
- Responsible for overseeing environment management and software configuration activities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or Information Technology preferred.
- Three to five years application development experience plus minimum two years experience with managing software release processes throughout the entire development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated cross functional experience in use of project development life cycles or structured project management methodology in customer facing situations.
- Experience with development and reporting of release costs, and release financial analysis.
- Experience with Enterprise Project Management tools and processes.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experienced C# developer
- Experience deploying to and orchestrating containers in production environments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, cloud system (AWS) and micro-services.
- Hands on experience maintaining multiple products using CI Servers (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience with building a suite of monitoring services with engineering - at the service and application level.
- Knowledgeable about security, networking, and RDBMS/Database technologies (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase).
- Strong mission to put pro-active solutions in place to prevent future problems, and automate processes so that engineers can self-service their operational requirements.