Capital One is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and dedicated DevOps Engineer who is passionate about cutting-edge distributed cloud computing. This role will support end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience moving large scale data and applications to the Cloud and can lead innovative projects to design, develop, architect and support our digital platforms on AWS.
- Contributing to all aspects of service delivery, including participation in the service readiness process to validate that all required conditions of satisfaction are met prior to project rollout.
- Automating build-test-deploy lifecycle for wide variety of applications and services.
- Enhancing platform services via Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation, and Ansible.
- Participating with software engineers, data scientists, and machine learning engineers within the Scrum Agile processes.
- Defining, escalating, and resolving all technical issues in an organized, efficient, and professional fashion.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with one of the following version control systems: Git, GitHub or Subversion
- At least 2 years of experience with one of the following Continuous Integration platforms: Bamboo, Jenkins or CircleCI
- At least 2 years of experience with one of the following configuration management tools: Terraform, Cloud Formation or Ansible
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS
- At least 2 years of experience with ATDD, TDD, or BDD
- At least 3 years of experience developing applications using Agile methodology
- Amazon AWS Certification
- At least 1 year of experience using CloudFormation or Terraform
- At least 2 years of experience with Python, Scala or Java