As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Our Operations team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help maintain and enhance our global Service Platform, and to support the engineering teams that are operating mission critical services on it. Every day will offer new and exciting challenges so a successful candidate must be self-motivated, highly curious, and interested in learning new technologies. You may be DevOps born and bred, or maybe you’re a Software Developer looking for more of a DevOps role, but either way, this may be the position for you.
- Work with a variety of internal engineering teams to gather requirements for moving existing services to Kubernetes-based common infrastructure
- Automate everything - Define, implement, and maintain platform features that will enable engineering teams to deliver the next generation of services powering Brightcove, including common metrics collection, automated testing, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Develop and improve common monitoring that quickly identifies problems, identifies root causes, and performs corrective action with minimal human intervention.
- Collaborate with other teams to implement and automate best practices for release tools and processes to support fast, secure, scalable, and maintainable releases. Our fellow engineers are our customers!
- Deliver a comprehensible platform that allows other engineering teams to be productive with minimal training
- 3+ years of experience operating or supporting HTTP-based microservices (Go Lang)
- Deep knowledge and experience with supporting and operating containerized software in an orchestrated environment (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
- DevOps experience deploying and supporting applications running in Amazon Web Services (AWS). Google Cloud a plus
- Familiarity with Role-based resource access controls (e.g. AWS IAM)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery tools (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- Experience with Java (Groovy) with specific emphasis in relation to Jenkins
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, custom DSL)
- Experience with version control management systems and common branching methodologies
- Ability to work closely with a team but self-sufficient enough to execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand, empathize with, and respond appropriately to user inquiries and support requests (both internal and external).
- Experience developing in Go Lang, Node, Java (Groovy), or Python